What’s blooming in Washington?

Posted on: April 22nd, 2014 by Mr Roaming 8 Comments

Spring is finally here. There is something so calming and ludic about it as you can see for yourself. Stop and smell the flowers and take a look at my pictures and videos of spring in the Nation’s Capital:

20140422-003037.jpg

It’s never too late to be what you might have been.

20140422-003120.jpg

20140422-003203.jpg

When the door of happiness closes, another door opens. But often we look so long at the closed one… we don’t see what was opened for us.

20140422-004555.jpg

Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

20140422-004710.jpg

20140422-010744.jpg

Don’t spend your life making a living and forget to live it.

Check out more of  Spring in Washington on my Instagram

1. carole says:

I was just in Washington last year and had the pleasure of seeing this phenomenon. You are truly lucky to be there and see this every year. Your images are beautiful and colorful.

2. Celia R says:

The blossoms have become part of DC’s annual celebration calendar. We can only thank Japan for this wonder. Your pictures and video super!

3. Marc says:

I visited Washington during the late part of March. Due to the cold, the kids and I were not able to enjoy this beautiful sight. Thank you for sharing your spectacularly colorful pictures. What a representation. Thank you for that!

Marc
    Chicago, IL

4. Shey says:

I have heard of the blossoms in DC but have never actually had the chance to see them – I’m always either too early or too late. Not too many people know this, but there are beautiful blossoms in Newark (NJ) of all places. Just across the river from Manhattan. And they are blossoming now.

5. Samuel says:

What incredible pictures. I have never been to the United States. But I am organizing a trip from Holland shortly. Washington will most probably be a location I would like to visit after seeing your pictures Mr Roaming.

6. Carl says:

A great depiction of Washington’s beautiful nature. excellent.

7. DD says:

Washington seems very lovely – especially with all these blooming trees. Your photographs are also very descriptive and provide your readers an excellent frame of reference.

8. charley says:

I’m so disappointed I missed cherry blossom season in the NE. I am usually in town for a conference, but this year I was unable to make it. Your pictures look just as I remember – beautiful.