I share, therefore I am

Posted on: December 3rd, 2013 by Mr Roaming 10 Comments

An interesting video created by Shimi Cohen which summarizes our socials skills today and shows how internet/social media is changing the way we interact with one another. I must admit I am addicted to Instagram and am fascinated with the idea that we can just reinvent ourselves on Facebook. Ultimately, we utilize social media outlets to not only share our experiences, but possibly to shape our future and declare our wishes.  It is unfortunate though that more time is spent on strategizing, picking the best picture and coming up with the most profound statement, rather than just living those experiences we so desire.

1. degras says:

Very insightful video of everyone’s most obsessive activity of publishing life events (whether real or somewhat real) on social media. Great find Mr. Roaming.

2. VV says:

In a world full of tweets, status updates, posts and processed images, we need to start concentrating on something more substantial. Great video – we should all be thinking.

3. ray says:

Super clip! The world according to 2013!

4. k.l. says:

I wonder how long this will last. FB is already showing signs of fatigue.

5. clark.m says:

FB fatigue has already set in. But there are always newer platforms for people to advertize their lives. I think we are in it for the long haul.

6. chance says:

2013 had to be the year of Instagram and Vine. Let’s see what 2014 has in store for the world. Excellent reporting mr roaming

7. gregor G says:

I am convinced that 2014 will be the maturing of the social networking world. More and more people will be joining the show and more and more companies will try to capitalize. I think you will continue your informative and interesting activity mr roaming.

8. L.L. says:

Welcome 2014!!! mr R, I think it will be the year of instagram. I love your posts.

9. SL says:

Is it me, or is FB slowly dying? But when a door closes, a window opens. Welcome Square.

10. hendrik says:

I laughed too much with this post. My group and I are constantly on social media looking for new and interesting pages. Yours is one of our favorites.