Slow boat to bliss in Paros

Posted on: July 10th, 2013 by Mr Roaming 15 Comments

Paros, the jewel of the Aegean. A traditional Greek island that will make you feel exclusive when you want to, but also will allow you to slow down, feel the bliss and enjoy amazing food and its white sand beaches. But remember you are in Greece, which means that among the bronzed beauties and beach parties, there is history that dates back a few millennia. Paros is said to have been founded by St. Helen, Emperor Constantine’s mother, on her pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Recessed two blocks from the port and lending credence to the story is the beautiful and massive Cathedral of Ekatontapiliani (“Church of 100 Arches”), which was built in A.D. 327. Actually, there are 99 arches and the locals are waiting for a miracle to take place so the last one can appear.

Roam with me thru my pictures and get a taste of what this Cycladic beauty has to offer.

1. laureen says:

I have never been to this island. It looks beautiful. Your pictures are so vivid – the colors look spectacular!

2. PW says:

I have been to Paros – but a long time ago. I forgot how beautiful it is. Your pictures point to its beauties.

3. katie says:

I have never heard of this Greek isle. Looks beautiful – a slow bills. Sounds spectacular.

4. JJ says:

Another pretty Greek island. Your pictures paint a wonderful mood!

5. C.C.A. says:

Beautiful!

6. a.r.a. says:

Monica Bellucci is there right now! She was seen by Italian paparazzi having dinner with her family.

7. TR says:

Wow – looks like a heavenly place. Greece is so beautiful. Always more and more to discover. I have not heard of this island before.

8. justine says:

Just the title of this article is so enticing. Your pictures are lovely.

9. paula says:

I also visited Paros – a great alternative to the jet-setter environment of Mykonos. Your pictures are spectacular. You should consider doing an exposition of them somewhere.

10. robert says:

I have been browsing around your blog for a little bit and can see how interesting your topics are. Your photography is quite brilliant and your articles both intriguing and humorous. Congratulations on your efforts. And I chose this posting as it is truly a very summery set of pictures. Beautiful locations.

11. fV says:

summertime – where are you? i love these pictures mr. roam.

12. fV says:

summertime, where have you gone? i love these pictures mr. roam.

13. sherry says:

I now know where I am going this summer!

14. Alexander says:

“The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year, like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning. The weeks that come before are only a climb from balmy spring, and those that follow a drop to the chill of autumn, but the first week of August is motionless, and hot. It is curiously silent, too, with blank white dawns and glaring noons, and sunsets smeared with too much color.”
    ― Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting