Bond’s Best

Posted on: October 5th, 2012 by Mr Roaming 11 Comments

It is the 50th Anniversary of the most successful franchise in movie history: James Bond. This distinguished, sophisticated, fearless secret agent has enamoured audiences for five decades while trying to save the world from rogue governments, terrorists, dictators, drug lords, or the Eastern Bloc. Our imaginations have been enriched by watching Mr. Bond travel with great ease from continent to continent in search of solutions to his complicated missions. Exotic locations have been used as stunning backdrops, while 007 and the beautiful women that surround him take us to the world of international espionage and intrigue.

In honor of this anniversary, we have chosen the top ten locations where James Bond traveled during these first 50 years of his ongoing adventure. Here they are:

10. Upper Rock, Gilbraltar

2. Corfu and Meteora, Greece

For Your Eyes Only

and . . .

1. Crab Key, Jamaica

Dr. No

1. JJ says:

It’s 007 again! Vey excited about the new movie. Your pictures are amazing and they bring back great memories of watching all these movies and imagining of the beautiful places where they were filmed. Lake Como, Corfu, the Alps, Luxor!!! Perfect!

2. Arnie says:

This is such a great idea for a post. Everyone seems to be experiencing Bond fever right now!

• Mr Roaming says:

Thank you. I am looking forward to the upcoming “Skyfall”. Did you like the official theme song with Adele? I posted it on our facebook page.

3. Andy says:

I am a great fan of the Bond phenomenon! I love your list – brings me back to the great years of this historic movie series.

4. Craig says:

Great list – we can only hope that the new Bond films to come, including this next one, live up to the heritage of the ones above.

5. jen says:

James Bond is the sexiest secret agent around. And the above locations are the most exotic ever. I love your list and can’t wait for Skyfall (although I have to say I’m not too excited about Turkey as a backdrop – too many movies showing the same old thing in the past few years – the International, just a week ago Taken, etc). But let’s see . . .

6. GA says:

Apart from the excitement of all the action, the Bond movies’ unsung heroes are the locations which are basically the other “stars” of the series. I love your list!

7. Tim says:

Your list is great. Looking forward to Skyfall although I am skeptical about the locations chosen. Whatever happened to beautiful locals like the ones above??? the last few movies have featured less inspiring backdrops.

8. S.A. says:

A true British gentleman. And his travel choices have to follow suit. Here is to another 50 years!