Vamos a La Playa

Posted on: August 7th, 2012 by Mr Roaming 13 Comments

From beaches in Brazil to Portugal, a Los Angeles-based photographer Gray Malin has shot a series of stunning beach scenes titled A la plage from a doorless helicopter. The photos we’ve chosen — which are only a small sampling of the collection — capture sun, sand, surf, umbrella, water. Can you guess which beach is which just by looking at the pictures?

Pampelonne Beach St. Tropez

St. Tropez Secret Beach

Santa Monica Pier

Lisbon Rocky Beach

End of Copacabana

Coogee Beach Horizontal

Malibu California

Caribbean Sea Central America

Miami Beach Florida

1. Nina says:

If you didn’t provide any assistance Mr Roaming, the only one I could guess is of course Copacabana and Santa Monica. I AM SO READY FOR THE BEACHHHHHHHHH!

2. CHRISTINA says:

I love these pictures! What an excellent post now that it is hot all over! Happy summer!!! And I couldn’t possibly identify these beaches. They all look amazing though.

3. marilyn says:

Vamos, vamos!!! Thankfully you gave the names of the beaches. But the Brazilian one is beautiful. I also like Coogee in Australia (I don’t want to seem smart – I looked it up to see where it is).

4. kenneth says:

What a brilliant idea for a collection of images. And so timely. Only if we could have the luxury of sun. Here in England we are hoping for some sun so that the Olympics can go on . . . .

5. Scott says:

I am so ready for the beach – too bad it’s many many kilometers away . . .

6. J.C. says:

I love any beach – but these images make these beaches even more enticing. Great idea Mr R.

7. maria says:

These are some great pictures. But if I had to guess, most are not Mediterranean other than the St. Tropez. The others are from oceans.

8. Nittany says:

These are some crazy cool pics. I love the beach and these pics are super cool. Gracias!

9. Nivo says:

It’s amazing how different things look from above. I have been to some of these beaches and would never imagine those were the ones. excellent views Mr. Roaming.

10. Vient says:

Hello Mr. Roaming. I really appreciate seeing these pictures as it’s not possible not be get into the summer mood. Too bad it’s winter here down under . . .

11. sonya says:

La plage! St. Tropez est magnifique. Mais toutes les autres aussi. Merci monsieur.

12. c.c. says:

I wonder how the photographer picked these beaches. Despite the omission of some very famous others, these are also beautiful.

13. RH says:

Beautiful! The umbrellas and chairs look like they were placed in order. Amazing!